Top 10 herbs recommended for your dog
1 Slippery Elm – is great for diarrhea, IBD, Kennel Cough or ulcers
Milk Thistle – is wonderful for liver disease, toxins, allopathic drugs, cancer, kidney disease and recovery from illnesses. There are no side effects
.Hawthorne – is cardio restorative, nutritive and an anti oxidant. It does have direct effects on the heart, so it should not be used with heart medications without supervision of a vet.
Devil’s claw – has a very specific use to relieve pain from osteoarthritis
Calendula – is soothing to the skin and GI tract. It can be used for ear infections, wounds, fever, tonic and to aid liver function
Chamomile – has many many uses from colic, diarrhea, insomnia, toothache, swollen gums
Cranberry – is great for UTI’s
Turmeric– inhibits all stages of cancer. It is an anti oxidant and protects the liver.
Aloe Vera – in addition of the skin, it has many uses internally such as laxative, lowering blood glucose, anti viral and anti fungal. It is also good for fur balls. Use only under supervision of a vet.
Ginkgo – it is great for dementia in older animals, early hyperthyroidism, circulation of the heart and asthma.
Top 10 Herbs for Felines
1. – Catnip – it makes then very happy. It is like their after work cocktail. It can also be used as a tea bath if they have itchy skin. It is also good for colds, fevers and the flu. It encourages vitality.
2. – Cat Thyme – if your cat doesn’t react to catnip then try cat thyme
3. Valerian – it is a stimulant. It is good for transforming those fat cats into exercise machines. They usually like eating it themselves so it is a perfect match.
4. Peppermint – the next three combined are great flea repellants and can be given as a bath
5. Penny Royal – apply topically. DO NOT give orally as it can be toxic.
7. Licorice root – it is a natural cortisone and it taste good to your cat. It can be used to soothe skin, endocrine issues, digestive problems and respiratory problems. It can also be good for cats with arthritis.
8. Cat’s Claw – this combined with dandelion can help cats with itching
9.Dandelion – it is helpful for liver and digestive problems, anemia, arthritis, bladder and kidney problems
10. Golden-seal – it is a natural disinfectant on wounds and in conjunction with saline is can treat swollen eyes for infection and allergies.
It is always recommended to consult your veterinarian before starting any new treatment